We advise on visas for the USA and Denmark

We offer a range of U.S. visa and immigration services from temporary visas to permanent residency and citizenship in the United States. Our firm’s founder, attorney Thomas Thorup, and our visa lead, attorney Beau Russell, both have more than ten years of experience with U.S. visas. Beau has successfully obtained thousands of U.S. visas for Danish and international clients. Beau has developed and implemented visa strategies for large multi-national corporations, helped newly married couples navigate the green card process and everything in between.

Some of the visa types we commonly assist with are:

E Treaty Investor or Trader Visa

Danish companies or individuals who have substantially invested in or traded with the United States can utilize this visa to send their Danish employees to the United States to take on a managerial, executive, or essential role. A great visa for entrepreneurs looking to start a U.S. business or expand their ongoing operations to the U.S market.

L-1 Intracompany Transferee Executive, Manager, or Specialized Knowledge Employee

The L-1 visa enables a Danish company to send an executive, manager, or specialized knowledge employee to their U.S. office. If an office does not exist yet, the company may be able to send an employ to establish a new office. This is a great visa for both small and large organizations alike.

Blanket L Petitions for Organizations

Large organizations can enjoy the ability to send their intracompany transfers quickly, more efficiently, and more cheaply to the United States. If approved for this application, the organization’s employees can cut U.S. immigration lines and proceed directly to the Embassy.

H-1B Specialty Occupation Positions

Offered to potential employees with a degree or its equivalent in a specific field, a company with an equally qualifying position may obtain a three-year visa to work in the United States. Companies must first navigate the lottery selection process and then a certification process with the Department of Labor.

B-1 Temporary Business Visa

This visa allows an individual to conduct business activities for up to six months in the U.S. In the U.S., the individual may consult with business associates, travel for scientific, educational, professional, or business conventions or conferences, negotiate contracts, participate in short-term training or prepare for an investment among other activities. Also useful for those with ESTA issues such as previous travel to banned countries and previous visa denials.

O-1 Extraordinary Ability Visas

An O-1 visa allow an individual with extraordinary ability in business, arts, sciences, or other related fields to work and live in the U.S. for up to three years at a time. No matter what your specialty, if you can show that you have significant achievements in the field and you have been offered work in the U.S., you may qualify for this visa. Thomas Thorup Law has obtained O Visas for all types of professionals, from musicians to advertisers to football coaches.

J-1 Visa (Graduate Visa)

The Exchange Visitor Program provides an opportunity for recent graduates to gain experience in the United States. The program enables foreign nationals to come to the United States to demonstrate special skills or receive on the job training for periods ranging from a few weeks to several years. A great tool for companies with recent graduate programs and internal international training programs.

Business Based Immigration (Green Cards)

Extraordinary individuals, multinational managers, and current international employees may be able to obtain permanent residence in the United States based on offered employment or achievement. By reviewing a candidate’s work experience, education, pay level and skills, our attorneys can determine whether this is an option for you/your employees and can assist you with the entire process.

Family Based Immigration (Green Cards)

Our firm can help you navigate the long and complicated process of bringing or sponsoring your spouse, parents, and/or children to come to the United States. Thomas Thorup Law has helped hundreds of families with fiancé visas, green card renewals, green card applications based on their marriage, and applications for children and parents of U.S. citizens.

Emergency, expedited matters with U.S. Embassy, and Appeals

Thomas Thorup Law can help in emergency or matters with very tight timelines. There are certain cases where normal processing times can be avoided. Thomas Thorup Law’s attorneys have helped numerous families and individuals in desperate and complicated situations. What is more, we can review unfavorable decisions made by U.S. immigration or the Embassy to explain what may be done and if an unfavorable decision can be resolved.